Questions regarding your charges may be addressed with our patient relations representatives. They are available for your convenience Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
You may call our office at (716) 376-2400 or speak with a representative in our Business Office located just inside the front entrance in Olean.
New Patient Info
Frequently Asked Questions
To our patients
Our mission is to provide for our patients the best medical care; with dignity, compassion, and respect.
Olean Medical Group extends credit to our patients when necessary. We have developed the following Credit Policy to help ensure each patient pays a reasonable amount that helps the Group cover its costs:
- When a patient presents with no insurance, payment in full or a minimum of $50.00 deposit will be requested the day of the visit. For your convenience we accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Cash or a Personal Check.
- Many insurance carriers now require that you make a co-pay payment at the time of the visit. Please be prepared to make that payment at the registration desk the day of your visit.
- Many of our patients have a deductible plan that would require you to pay for services up to the amount of the deductible before the insurance carrier will pay. We will request payment be made prior to service for these plans. Any balance must be paid within 12 months or a minimum of 10% of the outstanding balance. If this is not possible, it will be required that future services be paid on the date of service until the balance is paid in full, unless other arrangements are made.
- For those insurance carriers with which we participate, we will continue to assist with the filing of claims. Please visit our Patient Relations Department for additional information. It is our policy to provide assistance, however, we cannot negotiate disputes you may have with the insurance carrier or arrange settlements.
- All outstanding charges for services are billed at least monthly. The bill is to be paid in full within 30 days, unless other arrangements are made with our Financial Counselors.
- For any outstanding balances that do not remain in good standing we provide the following guidelines:
- A patient wishing to establish with a Primary Care Provider at the Olean Medical Group must have their account in good standing (at a zero balance or making regular payments).
- If a balance remains unpaid for 90 days, and no payment arrangements have been formally made, all future visits will be scheduled on a cash basis and payment of the outstanding balance will be requested on the date of service.
- Olean Medical Group will offer discounted fees to those patients that qualify for hardship consideration. Please see our financial counselors located in our Business Office for an application.
- If formal payment arrangements were made, but not kept, we consider the balance delinquent. We may refer these balances to our Collection Agency.
- No one who is unable to pay will be denied access to services as long as reasonable efforts have been made to communicate with the Olean Medical Group Financial Counselors. There is a discounted/sliding fee schedule available and our financial counselors are able to assist you.