The only reason I'm reviewing the Olean Medical Group is because of some other reviewers. I was there for the first time on Monday 1/20/2020. From the moment I walked through the doors EVERYONE was very very friendly and helpful. It could NOT have been a better experience. Keep up the good work!! - C. S.
About Olean Medical Group
Governor Andrew M. Cuomo has announced new guidelines allowing out-of-state travelers to New York to “test out” of the mandatory 14-day quarantine. Travelers from states that are contiguous with New York will continue to be exempt from the travel advisory; however covered travelers must continue to fill out the Traveler Health Form. Essential workers will continue to be exempt as well. The new protocol is effective as of November 4.
For any traveler to New York State from out of state, exempting the contiguous states, the new guidelines for travelers to test-out of the mandatory 14-day quarantine are below:
- For travelers who were in another state for more than 24 hours:
- Travelers must obtain a test within three days of departure from that state.
- The traveler must, upon arrival in New York, quarantine for three days.
- On day 4 of their quarantine, the traveler must obtain another COVID test. If both tests comes back negative, the traveler may exit quarantine early upon receipt of the second negative diagnostic test.
- For travelers who were in another state for less than 24 hours:
- The traveler does not need a test prior to their departure from the other state, and does not need to quarantine upon arrival in New York State.
- However, the traveler must fill out our traveler form upon entry into New York State, and take a COVID diagnostic test 4 days after their arrival in New York.
Local health departments will validate tests, if necessary, and if a test comes back positive, will issue isolation orders and initiate contact tracing. The local health department must make contact with the state the traveler came from, to ensure contact tracing proceeds there as well. All travelers must continue to fill out our traveler form upon arrival into New York State to contribute to New York State’s robust contact tracing program.
The travel guidelines require all New Yorkers, as well as those visiting from out of state, to take personal responsibility for compliance in the best interest of public health and safety.
For general inquires contact the call the Hotline: 1-888-364-3065.
How Our Team is Proudly Still Caring for You
As of today, news regarding COVID-19 cases in the Southern Tier remains encouraging. While the caseload in the communities we serve remains low, we feel our healthcare system is well prepared for future cases. Throughout this pandemic, our doors have remained open at Olean Medical Group LLP. We are following New York State and local public health guidelines while the care for our OMG LLP patients remains our number one priority. Additionally, our team has taken enhanced measures at our offices to ensure the safety of our patients and employees. We, too, are beginning to understand this reality will be our new normal for quite some time.
In adapting to our new normal, it is important for our patients to focus on their healthcare and those they care for. Data shows that postponing preventive screenings for long periods of time is potentially harmful to your health. We understand the stay at home parameters due to COVID-19 are to protect us; however, we are encouraging our patients to connect with their OMG LLP providers to ensure their healthcare appointments are on-track going forward.
Our providers at OMG LLP quickly integrated tele-medicine via doxy.me appointments (where applicable). We will continue to use tele-medicine when necessary; however, based on recent recommendations, we ae scheduling annual well visits, screenings (such as a mammogram or colonoscopy), chronic disease appointments, etc., at our offices. Certain office visits and screenings are the key to your continued health. We want to assure our patients that an office appointment, radiology appointment, lab draw, infusions, etc. are safe and should not be postponed.
OMG LLP remains transparent as we gradually phase into steps for re-opening our communities. We look forward to seeing our patients face to face, again, and pledge the utmost care to both our patients and employees.
Things may be different, but our care for you has not changed:
- Our patient screening entrance will remain at the back of our building for now.
- We continue to screen employees every morning at our employee entrance.
- Special measures have been taken to physically distance our waiting rooms
- Plexiglass has been added to registration and nursing areas in the near future.
- We will continue to room patients in exam rooms as quickly as possible
- We are spacing time between appointments to ensure reduced capacity in our buildings
- We are committed to ensuring that our patients receive appropriate medical care. You can get information regarding your rights and how to report professional misconduct at https://www.health.ny.gov/professionals/doctors/conduct.
- We are in compliance with CDC recommendations for PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and recommend patients wear a mask or cloth face covering to their appointmentCOVID-19 has taught all of us some valuable lessons and we intend to incorporate them into our on-going care for you. For 72 years, Olean Medical Group LLP has been caring for patients in the Southern Tier; we have every intention of providing quality healthcare for years to come. We are humbled by the commitment and flexibility of our employees and providers. Our deepest gratitude to each of them, their families, our fellow healthcare colleagues, and all of the other hard-working essential employees during this time. Most importantly, we thank our patients for choosing and trusting Olean Medical Group LLP. So much has changed, but one thing remains the same…we’re still proudly caring for you.
- Christine Strade
- Chief Executive Officer, OMG LLP
Family and Pediatric Doctors serving the Olean, NY area.
Olean Medical Group LLP has been serving our community for more than 72 years and is the largest medical group in Western New York outside of Buffalo. Our family practice has six locations, with our central location at 535 Main Street in Olean, NY which includes support services to better meet our patients' needs. Our satellite offices are located in Cuba (2), Ellicottville, Franklinville and Salamanca, NY, all within 12 - 28 miles of our main office.
To better serve our patients, we have several specialties and doctors ready to help. In addition to our family and pediatric services, we feature treatments in other health categories, such as allergies, gynecology, cardiology, rheumatology, pulmonology, podiatry, neurology, and more. We are practicing regularly at our main offices in Olean, NY. See our specialties page for a full list of treatments!
Olean Medical Group complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Reliable Rheumatology Doctors
If you suffer from osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, or any other ailments that involve your immune system being attacked through your joints and nerves, you may benefit from seeing a rheumatology doctor. Olean Medical Group LLP has doctors who have been serving the community for generations. It is likely that you are looking for a rheumatology doctor based on a recommendation by your primary care physician. Our rheumatology doctor is experienced and ready to help you when you are in pain. With a referral from your PCP, see Dr. Sebastian Wilk, located on the second floor, AREA A, at OMG's main office.
Contact our offices today to learn more about our rheumatology doctors or other services.
Total Count - 0 Pollen Mold
Pollen Level - LOW
Mold Level - LOW
Season - WEED
The Pollen Count is provided by Dr. Fred Lewis, board certified allergist and immunologist at the Olean Medical Group
Follow us on Facebook and also on Instagram @oleanmedicalgroup